Thursday, February 23, 2012

Canvas Art

I keep forgetting about some of my CHA projects I haven't shared here yet.  This little piece of Canvas Art is one of them.   I'm pretty excited about TA has a new home with Canvas Corp!  They I used one of Canvas Corps, canvas pieces for this project, along with TA Paints and Crafty Secrets ( bird image).  I had taken step out photos for packaging, so I decided I'd go ahead and share them, so you can see the process :)  The photos pretty much give you the idea of how the paints were used.


Supplies to start with


When adding the mists and paints..I always start light..and I more as I need.  Much easier to add more then try to take away color.


Once I lift my screen, I have the design of the stencil or screen on my canvas. (blank canvas underneath), so that's where I added some pink. (cosmos)


Next, I added some color to my letters and embellishment pieces.
Once my letters are completely dry, I stamped on some text print for interest.


Once everything is totally dry, all that's left is assembly.  My favorite part :)  Love putting it all together and adding goodies. lol





************************************

Yesterday I met up with my sis in Lincoln, and we just spend the entire day bumming around, checking out some antique shops,  ...chatting, junking, laughing, and the things that make for a fun sister day. It's been a while since I've been away all day like that.. and it was so fun and relaxing!   
We really didn't buy all that much, ( no fear..there's a huge flea market this weekend that we're going to, so we can redeem ourselves) lol but we sure had fun.   I should have taken the stuff out of the bags and photographed in then, because by the time I got home late last night, we realized, I had some of her things here with me, and she had some of mine with her.  But like I said, we'll be together Saturday, so no worries :)   I did find that seat/storage bench thing for Jarad and Kate.. for the bargain price of $11.99. Woo hoo.  It was so sturdy and in such great shape, but it could easily be covered in some fun fabric if they wanted.  Kate said they could really use it in there sun room.   I got my sis that little red doll chair for her birthday. She has a highchair just like it.   Other than that we found some fun little pieces, some old plates, tea cups ( I plan to use for May baskets ) and a frame I thought would be cool for an altered piece.


 There is just nothing better for a girls creative soul to spend a day, seeing things, and just being inspired by design and color. Fun things to look at all around.

Whether its displays...


art and design...


fabric and textures..


Or ..um....  Sweets??

  (isn't it pretty? pretty tasty too!) My sister took me to their favorite little Mexican bakery.


It was so good to spend some "happy time" with my sis yesterday.  ( thanks to the clerk for taking the photo.. ha.)


*********************************************8

  I dont want to forget to tell you to pop over to the Heartwarming Vintage Blog and get in on the great giveaway

( and a peek and the awesome new stamp sets)


               Vic

14 comments:

Bettyann said...

glad you had such a fun time with your sister...look like twins lol...love the birdie..thanks for instructions

rose said...

Oh fun and great finds wonderful!
Oh love this pretty mini Canvas & Easel , but find myself laugh because I bought a couple ,very,very similar the other days and thought oh birds or butterflies lol!

Crabtree-Creations said...

Love the pink in your canvas! What a beautiful creation!

Renee said...

The canvas is SO gorgeous, love the colors you used!!! Your day with your sister sounds so fun, I should do that with my sis.. so hard to find the time but I know it will be worth it :)

Maria Matter said...

your art is STUNNING!!!

Danielle said...

great photos and project!!!

Catherine said...

you both look great with those SWEET smiles, hugs to you and Jan!

kathy/North Carolina said...

That is the prettiest little wall hanging...just precious. The colors you chose make me think of sunrise...so pretty! You amaze me! Glad you had a fun day with your sis!

Precious Treasures said...

I am going to the flea market too, we are actuallky staying the whole weekend in Lincoln. Check out the international bakery on Main street in Fremont as they sell the pasteries like you showed in your photo. YUMMY!

ddlady said...

Vicki, loved your Canvas Art and the colors you chose. Beautiful job! Glad you had such a fun time with your sister. Treasure them because it doesn't happen as often as we would like!

harrahx2 said...

Sounds like you all ha a great time and i am really glad to hear it. You needed some bonding time. Love the canvas and all the touches you add to make it perfect. The stool and bench are adorable. I need to go shopping with you. Hugs!

marcia said...

I LOVE the bird canvas. I have never done anything on canvas and I have been wanting to create something on canvas. It looks like yours might be a piece of material. Do you buy canvas from a fabric store and prep it or do you buy it prestretched from an art store? I'd love any useful tidbits you have! Thanks

KayJay said...

Thank you so much for sharing the canvas tutorial. It is such a lovely tribute to the beauty of spring. I am so glad that I found your blog via the ATT Yahoo Group!

Kalamity Kelli said...

I found your picture on my newsfeed where someone had shared and another had liked (6 degrees of separation I think) I thought it was one of the most beautiful pieces I had seen on the Internet - so I clicked on over - and there I found this fabulous tutorial! I have followed many blogs like yours but no one ever shows the reader how to do it. Thank you. You just got yourself another follower!